The hexagonal-shaped Milton House was opened in 1844 as a stagecoach inn by Joseph Goodrich, and is one of the oldest standing poured grout buildings. It was a stop on the Underground Railroad, with a tunnel connecting the Milton House to a log cabin.
The Milton House has two Wisconsin Historical Markers on the property - one for the Milton House itself and one for Storrs Lake, where Brigadier General Henry Atkinson and 4,500 soldiers camped overnight in their pursuit of Black Hawk in 1832.
18 S Janesville St - Milton - WI, 53563
(608) 868-7772 Email: