Plan a short roadtrip to nearby Janesville, Wisconsin to celebrate heart-warming holiday cheer! You’ll find festive fun shopping and dining in Janesville’s vibrant downtown and at premiere holiday events such the Holiday Light Show, Janesville’s Jolly Jingle and more than 60 others. The city’s family-friendly atmosphere, affordability and convenient location make it simple for you to visit. Janesville is less than 2 hours from Chicago and Milwaukee, and less than an hour from Rockford and Madison, with easy access off of I-39/90.
1. Take in the Incredible Beauty of Rotary Botanical Gardens’ Holiday Light Show Awaken your holiday spirit as you stroll through the majestic beauty of this awe-inspiring display that features OVER 1.5 MILLION DAZZLING LIGHTS and and festive displays. The event runs November 24 – 26 & 30 and December 1 – 3, 7 – 10, 14 – 23, 26 – 30, 4:30 PM – 8:30 PM, lights out at 9 PM. Tickets may be purchased online. (Free Parking ). More info
2. Experience Three Days of Fun at Janesville’s Jolly Jingle Ring in the holiday season with Janesville’s Jolly Jingle, a festive weekend held December 1 – 3 in Downtown Janesville. This merry holiday festival features more than 30 events and activities over 3 days, and includes dazzling fireworks, a spectacular lighted parade, Holiday Makers Market, Holiday Tree Show, tree lighting, Luminary Walk, decorated holiday windows, ice skating with Santa, live theater, kids activities, shopping and dining. Best of all many activities are free or low cost! More info
3. Holiday Tree Show Discover the magic as you stroll the incredible Holiday Tree Show in the Lincoln-Tallman Museum. With more than 100 trees and decorations throughout the historic mansion, each is uniquely bejeweled by a local business, nonprofit or family. From nostalgic to patriotic, opulent to handmade, each tree has been decorated with loving imagination at this year’s show – larger and more joyous than ever before! Open-house-style tours are ideal for adults and children alike. Take a family photo with Father Christmas during your tree show visit between November 24 & December 23. Show tickets are available online and at the door and may be used on any tour day. Take your time and enjoy the warm glow of more than 50,000 lights. Tours November 24 – 26 & 30 and December 1 – 3, 7 – 10, 14 – 23, 26 – 30. Thursdays & Fridays 3 PM – 7 PM, and Saturdays & Sundays 12 PM – 4 PM. More info
4. Enjoy a Show at the Janesville Performing Arts Center of North Pole: The Musical Experience a live performance of North Pole the Musical on the stage of the historic and lovely Janesville Performing Arts Center. Performances on Saturday, December 2 and Sunday, December 3 at 2 PM. Get your tickets in advance. (Free Parking). More info
5. Holiday Magic Can Be Found When You Shop, Dine and Explore in Janesville’s Festive Downtown Whether you’re in search of unique shopping, live entertainment, fun events, public art, self-guided historic tours, exceptional dining, or craft brewed beer, Janesville’s downtown is a great place to visit. Hot tip: check out The Sugar Exchange, 808 Cheesecake, 29 South and Bodacious Brew for delicious holiday sweet treats or drafthouse, Genisa Wine Bar and Lark for exceptional dining and cocktails. More info
6. Create Fun Holiday Memories with Family and Friends at an Exciting Janesville Jets Game Come on out to the Janesville Ice Arena and cheer on the Janesville Jets as they deliver what is sure to be exciting hockey action! The Jets are taking fun family entertainment to an all new high with game day promotions, giveaways, contests, and more. More info
Check out our complete calendar of events to learn about the dozens of festive holiday events held in the Janesville area during this merry season. To make the most of your visit, consider staying overnight at one of our comfortable and welcoming lodging facilities which includes options at a bed & breakfast located in the heart of our historic districts. For more information, give us a call at (800) 487-2757. Our staff is happy to assist you!