Visitor Services RepresentativeReports to: Executive Director
I. Role Description:
Our Visitor Services position is the direct liaison between visitors and the Janesville community. perating from the Visitor Information Center (VIC) off I-90 at Palmer Park, Visitor Services provides information on Janesville, Rock County, and Wisconsin. Visitor Services provides assistance to projects and programs undertaken by the Janesville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau.
II. Responsibilities & Duties:
- Staff the Visitor Information Center on weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Greet and assist visitors
- Assist with scheduling and training of Visitor Information Center volunteers
- Answer phone calls and provide telephone information and directions to callers
- Develop and maintain assistance materials for frontline staff
- Maintain promotional item inventory (mugs, pencils...)
- Assist in the organization of materials throughout the office
- Maintain an inventory of promotional brochures and visitor information (maps, calendar of events, guides)
- Monitor and stock brochure distribution points in the Janesville area.
- Provide assistance to programs and activities as directed by the Executive Director
- Must be sociable and outgoing and have the ability to maintain personal composure and tactfully handle difficult situations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently; to take initiative and to be a decision maker in assigned areas; must have good analytical skills.
- Availability to work as needed, holidays and weekends included
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the Janesville area a definite plus
- Some lifting required up to 25 lbs.
- Must have valid driver's license
Resumes are due by 5:00 PM Friday, May 13, 2016 to director@janesvillecvb.