The hexagonal-shaped Milton House was opened in 1844 as a stagecoach inn by Joseph Goodrich, and is one of the oldest standing poured grout buildings. It was a stop on the Underground Railroad, with a tunnel connecting the Milton House to a log cabin. The Milton House has two Wisconsin Historical Markers on the property - one for the Milton House itself and one for Storrs Lake, where Brigadier General Henry Atkinson and 4,500 soldiers camped overnight in their pursuit of Black Hawk in 1832. Group tours are available year-round. Please call to make a reservation.
- Free Parking
- Things for Kids
- Things for Teens
18 S Janesville St - Milton - WI, 53563
(608) 868-7772 Email: