Communications ManagerReports to: Marketing Director
Status: Hourly, Full-Time
Under the supervision and direction of Marketing Director, the Communication Manager will be responsible for developing and executing communications strategies to generate broader awareness and engagement. The Communications Manager will ensure consistent, quality implementation of the JACVB's brand in all communications. These strategies will help the JACVB achieve its mission.
- This position is responsible for ensuring a consistent brand and message experience that aligns with Janesville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau's mission.
- Written communication, content development and design: proactively generate creative concepts, collateral and engaging and compelling messaging that aligns with brand strategy, including: advertising, annual report, campaign materials, digital/social media management and campaigns, e-newsletters, blog, event promotion, media releases, presentations, etc.
- Under the direction of the Marketing Director execute and enhance the JACVB's year-round communications strategy generating awareness and engagement.
- Social media management.
- Cloud TV management.
- Digital newsletter content management.
- Utilize digital and traditional media, as well as track and report corresponding analytics upon request.
- Develop content and serve as a social network administrator of the CVB's social media activity as well as other tourism partner accounts. To include posting, scheduling, sharing, and interacting with posts across social media platforms. Design posts that adhere to the brand "Wisconsin's Great Outside" that are engaging and informative and include photos and video. Manage relationships with followers on all social media accounts, engaging with users, answering questions, and providing value.
- Track and report corresponding analytics upon request.
- Complete other research and analytics as necessary.
- Development of media kits and other collateral to engage media and travel writers.
- Procurement and maintenance of photography and, videography and appropriate releases.
- Reporting as necessary.
- Website editing and data entry.
- Graphic design.
- Surveys and data capture.
- Lead role in JACVB signature event(s).
- Flexible in work hours as activities may occur outside normal working hours.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Marketing Director.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in related experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Detail oriented.
- Knowledge of social media, digital marketing and traditional communications.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Highly organized in thought and action.
- Experience / understanding of any of the following a plus: Hootsuite, WordPress, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office suite, social media channels and website maintenance.
- Computer skills with both PC and MAC.
- Ability to work in a changing, challenging and fast paced environment with varying stress levels.
- Knowledge of Janesville area.
- Must have a valid driver's license.