Social Media Manager
Full Time, Permanent Position
Salary Range $30,000 to $33,000
Benefits Include Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Simple IRA
Submit resumes by March 29,2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Janesville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (JACVB) leads, supports and promotes the area's tourism industry by marketing the region as a prime visitor destination, creating a positive economic impact for the community and enhancing the quality of life.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing and executing communications strategies to generate broader awareness and engagement via multiple social media channels including, but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr and Pinterest
- Social media management, development and implementation for the JACVB and all additional partner organizations. Includes scheduling, posting, sharing, and interacting with posts across multiple social media platforms and adhering to the appropriate brands for each organization.
- Content development and design for the JACVB and all other partner organizations using multiple social media platforms including digital/social media management and campaigns, e-newsletters and blog.
- Proactively generate creative concepts, collateral and engaging, compelling and informative messaging including photos and video.
- Manage relationships with followers on all social media accounts, engaging with users, answering questions, and providing value.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with tourism partners and partner organizations in order to gather content, including but not limited to contact with tourism businesses via phone, email, social media and in person visits and capturing photography/videography as necessary.
- Monitor and analyze emerging social media trends.
- Cloud TV management and content development and implementation.
- Digital newsletter content management and creation for the JACVB and other partners.
- Create, develop content and host What's Up Wednesday video podcast series.
- Track and report corresponding social media analytics.
- Complete additional research and analytics as necessary.
- Procurement, organization and maintenance of photography, videography and all appropriate licensing and releases.
- Website editing, data entry and graphic design as needed.
- Surveying and capturing data as needed.
- Participation in JACVB signature events.
- Flexible work hours as activities may occur outside normal working hours. Weekend work required.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in related experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Exceptional multitasking skills
- Detail oriented.
- Knowledge and experience using social media, digital marketing and traditional communications.
- Highly organized in thought and action.
- Experience and understanding of the following a plus: Hootsuite, WordPress, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office suite, social media channels and website maintenance.
- Computer skills with both PC and MAC.
- Ability to work in a changing, challenging and fast paced environment with varying stress levels.
- Knowledge of Janesville area a plus.